Monday, September 23, 2019 3:00 PM ~ 4:00 PM ET
Towards the end of the grant, it is not uncommon for staff to suddenly leave, community partners to no longer keep their commitments, and industry trends to begin to shift. All of this change can impact the success of the grant and the ability to meet program objectives. Jen Worth and Ron Painter will lead this conversation and provide an overview of strategies to manage change at the end of the grant as well as action steps that can be taken now to prepare for future changes.
In this webinar, presenters will share the following:
- Warning signs that signal changes are coming and what steps grantees can take to minimize the impact of those changes;
- Strategies to plan for change before it occurs;
- Discussion on how organizational shifts can impact program management and the strategies that can be taken;
- Tips to determine who should be involved in identifying solutions when change happens;
- Strategies to engage key stakeholders and partners as grantees address the challenges and opportunities for change; and
- Discussion on how changes in industry trends can impact employer engagement and how to engage employer partners and include them in the conversation.
Gregory Scheib, Program Analyst, Division of Strategic Investment, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
Jen Worth, Senior Vice President of Workforce and Economic Development, American Association of Community Colleges
Ron Painter, President, National Association of Workforce Boards