Partnerships and planning are critical to leveraging both existing and new resources and responding to new customer demand. Workforce Development Board leadership, service alignment, asset mapping, and connection to employers has never been more crucial. Planning efforts connect our job seeker and business services efforts, and when aligned with Labor Market Information, serve to provide the backbone for an effective approach to serving our state and regional communities.
Service Alignment Resources. Now, we need to understand the needs of our customers and maintain connections with our workforce partners and these these resources share effective service delivery strategies.
- Integrated Service Delivery Toolkit
- Customer-Centered Design Resources
- Using Braided Funding Strategies for Employer Initiatives that Include People with Disabilities
- San Francisco City-Wide Workforce Services Alignment Update
Asset-Mapping Resources. Engaging in asset mapping can ensure efficient use of resources, more comprehensive and quality customer service, and better outcomes.
- Workforce Boards - Asset Mapping
- Community Auditing – Asset and Resource Mapping to Maximize Capacity
- ILLUMINATE – A Guide to Assessing Regional Development Resources (Council on Competitiveness)
Sector Strategies Resources. As the economy shifts, we need to rapidly reassess the needs of our key industries and shift strategy to support both our business customers and inform our service alignment and career pathways efforts.
- Sector Strategies Self-Assessment (State Level) Word Version | PDF Version
- Sector Strategies Implementation Framework
- Sector Strategies Organizational Self-Assessment
- Voices of Experience – Sector Partnerships in Action
- The Sector Partnership Experience (CO WDC)
Career Pathway Development and Implementation Resources. Career pathway tools are useful for identifying transferable skill sets when used with students and job seekers facing career change and can also be used to ground discussions with businesses around where current gaps exist, and where we might best place our resources to support the bridging of skill gaps.
- Career Pathways and Competency Models Toolkit
- A Practical Guide to Creating Career Pathways (MI DLEO)
- Solving Industry Models Using Competency Models
State/Local Workforce Leadership & Planning Resources. Boards can help coordinate response by maintaining close contact with employers and leveraging key relationships to help validate labor market information, inform education and training planning, direct students and job seekers to real time opportunities, and allow for support to meet new industry and workforce needs.
- Strategic Boards Toolkit
- Call to Action for Workforce Development Boards
- Workforce Boards as Sector Intermediaries
- NAWB COVID-19 Resource Page
Current Flexibilities. Rapidly changing economic conditions require workforce flexibilities. DOLETA has created the following resources for states: